I've never been to NYC, and if these are really true, I want to stay home!
You Might Be From New York If......
* You say "the city" and expect everyone to know that this means Manhattan.
* You have never been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.
* The subway makes sense to you, and the subway should never be called anything like the Metro.
* Your door has more than three locks and is made of steel.
* You think Central Park is "nature."
* You pay more each month to park your car than most people in the US pay on their mortgage.
* You haven't seen more than 12 stars in the night sky since you went away to camp as a kid.
* You pay $5 without blinking for a beer that cost the bar 28 cents.
* You have 27 different take-out menus next to your tele- phone.
* Going to Brooklyn is considered a "road trip." Of course, you only go there to attend weddings or funerals.
* America west of the Hudson is still theoretical to you.
* You have jaywalking down to an art form. You're born with it.
* You take a taxi to get to your health club to exercise.
* You don't hear sirens anymore.
* You live in a building with a larger population than most American towns.