Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Profound Thought For Today

from Spurgeon...

Oh, my brothers and sisters in Christ, if sinners will be damned, at least let them
leap to hell over our bodies; and if they will perish, let them perish with our arms
about their knees, imploring them to stay, and not madly to destroy themselves. If
hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one
go there unwarned and unprayed for.

H/T: Ruth.

I wish my life could be described this way. :(

1 comment:

Penny said...

That really puts a light on how important our job as Christians really is. I hope God lights a fire in my heart and belly and a passion starts burning for the lost. I've had spurts of it, but really want it to last longer. So many in my family that are not following Christ, but they do know about him. Stubborn genes are rampant.
Great quote.